DVD Purchasing Policy
The CSB/SJU Media Services staff proudly serves students, faculty and staff by promoting and supporting the thoughtful use of technology for teaching and learning. Media Services integrates the traditional notion of audio and visual services and the many, often integrated, media content types used for instruction.
Faculty members are encouraged to make requests for the purchase of DVD films through their department bibliographers for both Alcuin and Clemens Libraries. Approved requests are then forwarded to the Media Services Manager and the following issues are weighed before the purchase is initiated.
- Is ILL of the item an option?
- Is the cost of the film within reasonable limits?
- How much money has the department already spent on films?
- Does the department wish to contribute funds toward the purchase of the film?
- Could the film be used by other departments?