Table of Contents
- Check-Out Procedures
- Loan Periods
- Renewing a Book
- Overdues Policies
- Photocopy Request Form
- Intercampus Book/Media Delivery Request Form
- Remote Storage
- Missing Items
- Scheduling Group Study rooms
- Patron Responsibilities
- Locker Space
- Kindle, and Nook Check-Out
For additional information or help call Bonnie Kalla, Head of Circulation 363-5159, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- All materials should be brought to the Circulation/Media desk to be checked out.
- A valid CSB/SJU ID is required.
- A Special Borrower ID can be requested at the desk for local patrons not affiliated with CSB/SJU, at a cost of $1.00 per year.
- Alumnae living within a 50 mile radius may receive this service for free.
For a more detailed description of Patron Policies, choose one of the patron types below.
Loan Periods For Print Materials (books, scores and government documents) checked out by:
- Undergraduate, Prep, and Continuing Education students: 28 days
- Local borrowers, Alums: 28 days
- Graduate students: 1 semester
- Faculty, Staff, OSB Community, Ecumenical Fellows: due June 1
- MTLA Members: 42 days
Loan Periods For Media Materials checked out by:
- Undergraduate, Continuing Education: 3 days
- Graduate Students: 3 days
- Faculty, Staff, OSBs and Ecumenical Fellows: 5 days
- SJPrep students, Local Borrowers, MTLA Members: no loan
To renew an item online:
- On the Library Home Page click on "Log in to My Account."
- For "Username" enter either your Student ID or the Barcode number of the back of your ID.
- For "Password" enter your last name and click "Login."
- Click in the box next to the item you would like to renew.
- Click on "Renew Selected Items" and the new due date will be given for the renewed item.
- You can also renew all of your items at one time by clicking on "Renew All Items" from the item list page.
Need help? Call the Circulation Offices at 5604 (CSB) or 2120 (SJU).
Print materials (books, scores, government documents) can be renewed within nine days of the due date without incurring any fines. On the tenth day an overdue fine of $10.00 per item will be charged. After an item is overdue for 28 days, a processing fee of $10.00 and a replacement cost will be charged. The replacement cost will be refunded if the item is returned within three months of the billing date.
Media materials begin incurring fines immediately at $1.00/day. After 10 days, a processing fee of $10.00 and a replacement cost will be charged. Replacement cost ranges from $15.00 to $590.00.
Failure to respond to Overdue Notices could result in the loss of library privileges.
To request scanned copies of articles from journals owned by the Libraries. Please allow two working days for delivery.
To request delivery of material from one campus/library to another. Allow two days for delivery. You will be notified if delivery will take longer.
The media delivery service is not available to students due to shorter loan periods (1 day) and delivery time.
- You can place a Hold on most items currently checked out.
- A valid CSB/SJU ID or CSB/SJU Borrower card is required.
- For detailed instructions click Holds.
All library materials are subject to Recall, if requested by another patron, after the initial 28 days.
- Materials needed for Reserve can be recalled immediately.
- Recalled items cannot be renewed.
Failure to respond to a recall notice will result in a daily fine and/or the revocation of library privileges.
Items listed as Remote Storage are stored in the Minnesota Library Access Center, a facility located in Minneapolis, MN. MLAC is a high density storage facility for Minnesota academic, public and governmental libraries. http://www.minitex.umn.edu/mlac/
To request an item fill out an Alcuin Intercampus Book/Media Request Form.
Your request will be processed and you will be notified by email when it is ready for pick-up. Average time on delivery is 2-5 days.
If you cannot find something that according to WorldCat is available, please inform someone at the Circulation/Media desk. A search for the item will commence, and you will be notified of the results.
- Library patrons are responsible for all materials checked out with their IDs.
- Patrons are responsible for notifying the libraries immediately if their cards are lost or stolen, or if there is any change in name or address.
Both Clemens and Alcuin have two small lockers that can be reserved to house material a patron is using. Material held in the locker does need to be checked out to the patron. Sign out and keys can be obtained by inquiring at the Circulation Desk.