Journey Group Meeting Information
The purpose of the snack during a journey group session is:
- To break bread together as Jesus did, symbolize that the members of your group are breaking open their lives together and holding their experiences that they're talking about as sacred.
- Build community
- Unwind before sharing/setting stage for sharing
- Focusing and Centering
- Healthy Nourishment/Nutrition
The dynamics of each group is unique and to accommodate the various needs of our groups we are providing you with a variety of menu options and meeting locations. Menus and meeting locations are listed on the right.
Please note the following:
- For all snacks, regardless of location, there is a $1.00 limit per person in your group per meeting.
- Any cancellations or changes to your order need to be submitted 2 days prior to the date of your meeting. Companions on a Journey is charged full price for orders cancelled less than 1 day.
- If a student from your group is handling the meeting arrangements, please educate them on the process for requesting meeting space and ordering refreshments/snacks.
When to Submit Your Meeting Request
- All meeting requests need to be submitted a minimum of 9 days prior to the date of your meeting (regardless of where your meeting will take place).
- The most important reason for the time frame is so we can reserve the space for you.
- The meeting request also serves the purpose of alerting us to special needs that may need our attention such as placing an order with Good2Go or accommodating a physical ability or dietary need (allergies), etc..
- The time frame also gives us the ability to attend to other needs such as adjustments to school calendars. Our Companions student workers process the meeting requests and put in the orders from Good2Go. These Companions student workers have 1-2 hours scheduled to work in the office to do this processing. Submission for your meeting requests in a timely fashion helps us to be sure we have time to process and be sure you have a space and a snack to serve for your meetings.
When to Order Your Snack
- Good2Go (CSB) orders will be placed automatically online when you submit your meeting request. You will need to know what your group wants to order before you complete the online meeting request form. Meeting Requests, regardless of location, that are ordering from Good2Go need to be submitted a minimum of 9 days prior to the date of your meeting (as noted above in the section 'When to Submit Your Request). You will experience a delay in your order with Good2Go if you do not complete the menu options when completing the meeting request form.
How to Pay
- Good2Go: Pick up food items at Good2Go. You will be asked to sign for the order. You will not need to collect any receipts from Good2Go because they will be sending the receipts to our Companion account.
- Prepare Your Own Snacks (Grocery Store): At the beginning of the year your group will receive two envelopes marked with your group number, facilitator's name and either Fall or Spring Semester. We ask that you put ALL recepts in the appropriate envelope for purchases of food other than Good2Go. At the end of the semester please turn in your group's envelope with all the receipts for that semester and we will have a check made out to reimburse you for your purchase. We cannot reimburse you for your purchases without a receipt, so remember to keep your receipts and hand them in together. Also, please indicate ont he envelope who the check should be made out to.
What to Order
- Each group has an allowance of up to $1.00 per person per group session for the snack.
- Items that fit into this price range are on the menu option on your meeting request form and the Good2Go menu is available on our website.
- Encourage your members to BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage). For those who forget or do not wish to BYOB, please make use of the water pitchers we have made available in the supplies.
- St. Ben's has adopted a bottled water policy. The policy is available on CSB's Sustainability Office website
We have set up 3 locations containing basic supplies to accommodate your meetings. These locations are the following:
- Main Building - Custodial closet in the TRC (unmarked door outside the Fireside Lounge)
- Main Building - Custodial closet on Third Floor (unmarked door across from the elevator near the water fountain)
- Upper Mary Commons - Break Room (Room 206); look for cabinet marked Companions.
Supplies include pitcher, cups, silverware, napkins, plates, etc. The supplies in Campus Ministry also include a refrigerator, condiments, coffee, and coffee maker.
If at any time you need assistance or have a request please contact our office. We will help provide you with the assistance needed for your group.
Some locations have policies/restrictions for their use. All groups need to abide by these policies.
- The Spirituality Center: a member of the journey group must be a Sister from the monastery.
- If your Room is not opened or it is a weekend, please call Campus Security at 363-5000 (on campus x5000) 15 minutes prior to your meeting.
- There are four meeting spaces in Upper Mary Commons. The Reflection Room will not be available for meetings every Sunday from 7 p.m. to Monday at noon.
- Photos of the meeting spaces available for journey group meetings and a campus map may be found by clicking the Meeting Requests at CSB link to the right.
CSB Campus Ministry
Companions on a Journey
Upper Mary Commons, Suite 221C
College of Saint Benedict
37 S. College Avenue
St. Joseph, MN 56374