Good Practice for Student Affairs ...
grounds policies, practices, and decisions in the teachings and living tradition of the Church. Builds and prepares the student affairs staff to make informed contributions to the Catholic mission of the institution.
Our policies, practices, and programming decisions are consistent with Church teachings and carry forth the spirit of Vatican II.
Through our policies, practices, and programming we seek to:
- promote and express the distinctive characteristics of our Catholic identity. (Ex corde Ecclesiae):
- Promote appreciation of our Catholic Benedictine character and heritage
- Promote reflection in light of the Catholic faith
- Promote understanding of Catholic teaching
- Promote commitment to the service of others
- promote the "full, conscious, and active participation" of all in learning and in responsible decision making that will build and strengthen the bonds of community life. (Sacrosanctum Consilium,14)
- promote a deep sense of solidarity with all peoples, especially "those who are poor or afflicted in any way." (Gaudium et Spes, Preface).
- recognize and promote the "interdependence between personal betterment and the common good." (Gaudium et Spes, 25).