There are many options of where and how to go abroad with CSB/SJU.
- 19 Semester-long Programs (Australia, Austria, Chile, China, Coventry-England, France, Germany, Greece and Italy, Guatemala, India, Ireland-Cork, Ireland-Galway, Japan, London, Northern Ireland, South Africa, and Spain)
- Short-term Programs: These trips take place all over the globe and change every year. They range from 2 to 8 weeks and are sponsored through various on-campus departments and offices .
- Volunteer/Service-Learning Opportunities: Sponsored by the CSB/SJU Campus Ministry Offices and the Women's Center. These short-term international trips allow you to experience the country through service.
- External Study Abroad: Students who wish to participate in a program not otherwise provided by CSB/SJU may apply independently through an external program. To get started, meet with a study abroad program manager to discuss your program and other academic matters.
Start Your Search:
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 session to explore all your study abroad options.
- Attend a Study Abroad 201 session to begin the application process.
- Meet with your academic advisor to build study abroad into your 4-year plan.
- Attend the Study Abroad Fair.
- Research short-term international program options (both volunteer and academic trips).
- Speak with Study Abroad Ambassadors.
- Begin to plan financially for your trip. Investigate scholarship & financial aid possibilities.
Before You Go:
- Explore in-depth your #1 program and have a plan B.
- Schedule an individual advising session with a CGE Education Abroad Advisor.
- Attend a Study Abroad 201 session to help you prepare your application and interview.
- Apply to Study Abroad (Deadline is January of the year prior to study abroad).
- Complete the interview process to be accepted to your program.
- Attend all pre-departure orientation sessions.
- Network to build personal and professional connections for the future.
- Make the most out of your experience by fully immersing yourself into the new cultures.
- Attend the Welcome Back Dinner
- Participate in the MN Study Abroad Returnee Conference
- Become a Study Abroad Ambassador.
- Reconnect with your Study Abroad and Journey groups.
- Consider an Alternative Break Experience (ABE) with CSB/SJU Campus Ministries.
- Meet with Career Services to explore internationally focused careers or internships.
- Utilize your study abroad experience as more than just one line on your resume.
- Explore ways to go abroad again after graduation. Look into Short-term, Volunteer, Intern and Work Abroad programs.
- Considering graduate school? Why not try it abroad!