Environmental Studies Minor
New minors should see the revised environmental studies minor requirements.
The environmental studies minor requires 24 credits.
Environmental Studies Major/Minor Requirements(PDF)
- ENVR 150: Introduction to Environmental Studies (4 credits)
- ENVR 175: Environmental Science I: Earth Systems (4 credits)
- ENVR 275: Environmental Science II: Humans in the Environment (4 credits)
- ENVR Electives (12 credits), may include:
- ENVR 100: Topics in Environmental Studies (1-4 credits)
- ENVR 200: Topics in Environmental Studies (4 credits)
- ENVR 200A: Environmental Art/Architecture (4 credits)
- ENVR 215: Sustainability Workshop/Learning Community (2 credits)
- ENVR 225: Food, Gender, and the Environment (4 credits)
- ENVR 300: Topics in Environmental Studies (4 credits)
- ENVR 300E: Envisioning Nature (4 credits)
- ENVR 300G: Science of Global Climate Change (4 credits)
- ENVR 300I: Environmental Anthropology (4 credits)
- ENVR 310: Environmental Geography (4 credits)
- ENVR 311: Intro to Geographic Information Systems (4 credits)
- ENVR 321: Sustainable Agriculture (4 credits)
- ENVR 335: Environmental Education Pedagogy (4 credits)
Additional elective courses may be available each semester. Check the current course catalog and consult your adviser or the environmental studies department chair with questions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR MINORS:
- The elective courses must be listed as ENVR courses; environmental courses taught in other departments will not be accepted towards the minor unless cross-listed with ENVR.
- Substitutions will not be accepted for the ENVR 175/ENVR 275 course sequence.