Degrees and Post Graduate Research
- M.S. in Human Nutrition, Cornell University
Emphasis in international nutrition and community nutrition
Minor in Rural Sociology, Emphasis on Food and Agriculture
- B.A. in Dietetics, San Jose State University
Honors in Dietetics
- Locally Grown Foods
- Food Issues Related to Gender
- Farm to School Initiatives
- World Hunger
- Innovative and Environmental studies pedagogy
Recent Publications, Presentations and Research
- Book Review. Anna Lappé: Diet for a Hot planet: The Climate Crisis at the End of the Your Fork and What You Can Do About It. Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Ethics. 25:4, 9326-2.
- Book Review. Alice Hovorka, Henk de Zeeuw and Mary Njenga, eds. Women Feeding Cities: Mainstreaming Gender in Urban Agriculture and Food Security. Journal of Agricultural and Human Values. 23 Food: 5.
- Challenge: Sustainability at College of St. Benedict and Saint John's University. At the Joint Annual meeting of Agriculture, food and human values Society and Association for study of food and society. June 3 2011, in Montana.
- Regularly interviewed by St. Cloud Times on food, nutrition, and agricultural issues. Most recent was on: Eating Out Suggestions.
- Working on second edition of Ethnic Foodways In Minnesota: Handbook of Food and Culture
- Handbook for people in Health Professions and Social work on Food traditions and beliefs of Minnesotan immigrant and refugee populations.
- Agriculture and Human Values
- American Dietetic Association
- Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences
- Association for the Study of Food and Society
- Serves on a sub committee on sustainability in St. Cloud on local foods for district 742.
- 6th Year on board for SASSO: Somali Salvation Organization of St. Cloud Area.
- ENVR 150: Introduction to Environmental Studies
- ENVR 225: Food, Gender and the environment
- ENVR 321: Sustainable Agriculture
- ENVR 390: Poverty, Hunger and Ethical Issues
Recent Activities at CSB/SJU
- Book Discussion Group. Robert Paarlberg. Food Politics: What Everyone Needs to Know About It. October 16 and 23, 2012. Sponsored by the CSBSJU Libraries, the Food Citizenship Working Group and the CSB Office of Sustainability.
- Food Citizenship Themed Year, 2012-2013