Experiential Learning & Community Engagement
The Office of Experiential Learning & Community Engagement supports programs that empower CSB/SJU students to integrate and apply knowledge and theory gained in the classroom setting to a hands on learning environment, such that a deeper understanding is gained and demonstrated through clear learning outcomes. The office brings together students, faculty members, businesses, non-profit organizations and government partners to promote access to mutually beneficial partnerships through experiential learning opportunities.
What we do:
The Office of Experiential Learning & Community Engagement provides students with access to hands-on experiences that compliment and accompany ideas, theories, practices, and methods taught in the classroom.
Our office includes:
- The Bonner Leader Program
- College of Saint Benedict Marie and Robert Jackson Fellows Program
- Internship Program
- Service-Learning Program
- Undergraduate Research Program
- 24 Bonner Leaders
- 20 CSB Marie and Robert Jackson Fellows (2012 Summer Cohort and 2013 Summer Cohort)
- 290+ students participated in academic internship opportunities
- 560+ students completed service-learning projects
- 115+ students engaged in Undergraduate Research projects