The mission of the Undergraduate Research Program at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University is to provide our students with the opportunity to engage in intensive scholarship, research, or creative work within the students' chosen field of study. The goal of the program is to support student work in a manner which allows for the work to be presented in some form to a larger external audience (e.g., publication, exhibition, scholarly presentation, or public performance). The Undergraduate Research Program provides resources and support to both the students and their faculty mentors that will facilitate the students' scholarly and creative efforts.
The CSB/SJU Undergraduate Research Program supports student-faculty collaborative scholarship in all disciplines. The program offers grants to students engaged in research or creative works, supports student travel to meetings, and coordinates a Summer Research Program.
Please note that grants are accepted and approved on a rolling basis, and there is no guarantee of funding. Students are eligible to receive up to 2 Production of Research Grants per academic year (total maximum funding = $600) and one Presentation of Research Grant per academic year (maximum funding = $750).
The process for funding is as follows:
- Student submits grant application for funding.
- Student sends faculty member link to form for letter of support as well a copy of the grant.
- Grants are reviewed and fully approved/partially approved/denied - student, faculty member and office coordinator receive letter.
- Budget number is provided on award letter to be used for supply costs/travel, supplies are ordered using budget number provided.
- Report due to ELCE office upon completion of project/travel.
Summer Research Fellowships:
Laura Hammond, MSW/LGSW
Community Kitchen AmeriCorps Vista:
Community Kitchen Volunteer Coordinator:
Bonner Student Worker:
Internship Student Worker:
Service-Learning Student Worker: