Many opportunities for professional training of science teachers. Students can pursue an invidiual licensure area or enhance their repertoire by combining two licensure areas to teach science in grades 5-12 with a Natural Science major and Secondary Education minor. All science education programs include both foundational coursework as well as a student teaching experience.
What You'll Gain
At the completion of this program, students will have accomplished:
- 100+ hours of field experiences
- An additional 600 hours during 16 weeks of student teaching
- A program approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Opportunities for leadership through partnerships between CSB/SJU and local school(s) during Discover Your Future, exposure to robotics and 3-D printing
Interested in the courses that this program includes? Check out the content (major) courses and education (department) courses. Explore coursework of our various Science Education programs:
- Natural Science Major & Secondary Education Minor, grades 5-12
Admission to Science Education
Interested in the Science Education program? Learn about the application process to the department and how to prepare.