The Education Department of the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching (BOT) to recommend college graduates who have satisfactorily completed an appropriate teacher education program as candidates for teacher licensure in the following areas:
- Elementary Education generalist (K-6) with an OPTIONAL content endorsement for middle level learners (5-8) in Science and Communication Arts/Literature, or K-8 World Languages (French, German, or Spanish).
- Mathematics endorsement is pending and not currently available.
- Secondary Education (5-12) with a content/teaching major in Communication Arts/Literature, Mathematics, Science (Chemistry, Physics, Biology), or Social Science.
- K-12 Specialist with a content/teaching major in Art , Music, or World Languages (French, German , or Spanish).
- Teaching English as an International Language Minor (Non-Licensure)
- Teaching English as a Second Language Minor with K-12 License