Life Science 9-12
Requirements for MN licensure in Life Science 9-12. A BA degree in any subject area is required to apply for this license. This is not a major.
- BIOL 101 Foundations of Biology (4)
- BIOL 201 Intermediate Cell Biology and Genetics (4)
- BIOL 202 Evolution in Action (4)
- BIOL 305 Invertebrate Zoology (spring) OR BIOL 302 Fungal Diversity OR BIOL 307 Biology of Microorganisms (fall) (4)
- BIOL 316 Genetics (4)
- BIOL 323 Animal Physiology (spring) OR BIOL 327 Plant Physiology (spring) (4)
- BIOL 334 General Ecology (fall) OR BIOL 336 Behavioral Ecology (spring) OR BIOL 337 Aquatic Ecology (fall) (4)
- BIOL 339 Evolution (spring) (4)
The following additional courses/requirements are required for a Biology major*:
- CHEM 125 Introduction to Chemical Structure and Prperties (4)
- CHEM 201 Purification and Separation Lab I
- MATH 124 Probablity and Statistics (4)
PLUS one additional course from the following list:
MATH 118, 119 or 120
CHEM 240/202, CHEM 251/203 or CHEM 255/205
PHYS 105 or 191
CSCI 140, 150 or 191
Completion of a Biology Capstone through any of the following options (done during senior year):
1. An Honors Thesis (BIOL 398), Biological Research (BIOL 372), or summer research (at CSB/SJU or elsewhere) that satisfies capstone criteria (formal presentation required).
2. Completion of hands-on research in the context of the 2-credit Senior Capstone in Biology course (BIOL 380).
3. Completion of a research proposal or review paper in the contest of the Senior Capstone in Biology.
* The Biology major is not required for the licensure, provided a major in another subject area is completed.
Last updated 10/22/15