Teachers of World Languages and Cultures, Grades K-12
- FREN 212 First Readings in French Literature (4)
- FREN 311 Studies in Language and Culture (4)
- FREN 312 Contemporary France (4)
- FREN 399 Senior Capstone Project (1)
One Literature course from the following list:
- FREN 330 French Literature Before the Revolution (4)
- FREN 331 French Literature from Monarchy to Republic (4)
- FREN 332 Twentieth-Century French Literature (4)
One Cultural Studies course from the following list:
- FREN 340 Social History of the French People (4)
- FREN 341 French-Speaking World Today (4)
Plus 16 additional credits of upper-division FREN courses
Written and Oral Proficiency in French is required before student teaching.
All students are urged to study abroad at the CSB/SJU affiliate, the College International de Cannes.
- GERM 212 Introduction to Literature (4)
- GERM 311 German Conversation and Composition I (4)
- GERM 312 German Conversation and Composition II (4)
- GERM 344 Topics in German History, Culture and Civilization (4)
- GERM 399 Senior Project (1) (Capstone)
Plus, 20 additional upper-division GERM credits
Written and oral proficiency in German is required before student teaching.
All German majors are urged to study abroad in Germany/Austria.
Spanish (Hispanic Studies)
- HISP 212 Intensive Reading (4)
- HISP 311 Written and Oral Communication (4) (or 315 abroad)
- HISP 312 Written and Oral Communciation II (4) (or 316 abroad)
- HISP 350 Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics (4) OR HISP 356L Topics in Hispanic Linguistics (4) (or 363 abroad)
- One 4-credit HISP Culture course chosen from the following courses:
- HISP 335 Spanish Culture (4)
- HISP 336 Latin American Culture (4)
- HISP 337 Latino Identity in the United States (4)
- HISP 356C Topics in Hispanic Culture (4)
- HISP 355 Topics in Hispanic Literature and Language (4)
- (If HISP 356L or 356C are chosen from the above courses, an upper division literature elective other than 355 may be chosen in consultation with the Hispanic Studies Chairperson)
- HISP 399 Capstone Project (2)
- Plus 10 additional upper division credits in SPAN.
Written and Oral Proficiency in Spanish (A score of "Intermediate-High" or above is required on the OPI before student teaching.)
All Spanish Majors are urged to include an immersion experience through the study abroad programs in Spain, South America or Latin America.
Last updated 9/13/11