Club Allocations Chair
Name: Libby Grygar
Position: Club Allocations Chair
Studying: Global Business and Finance
Why did you join Senate: I felt like I was missing something on-campus and was looking for more, so I was encouraged to run by a former Senator and I'm so happy I did!
How long have you been on Senate: This is my first year.
Favorite study spot on campus: The coaches outside the Schu at the new Reinhart Learning Commons
Other activities on campus: I’m involved in the Joint Events Council, Enactus as a Project Leader, United Politics, College Republicans, Joint Club Board, Co-Funding Board, and a few others!
Email: [email protected]
Allocations Chair Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Attend all CFB meetings, held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., every Monday and co-chair the meetings with a member of the Saint John’s Senate.
- Serve as a member in the Executive Board.
- Chair the Saint Ben’s Senate Co-Funding Board as a voting member for the entire academic year.
- Maintain the CFB email account.
- Create CFB meeting agendas.
- Report current CFB budget on each agenda, and in communication at each CFB meeting.
- Provide a summary of Co-Funding Board allocations to the Saint Ben’s Senate at the meeting following allocation decisions.
- Maintain an accessible file of all allocations requests.
- Work in conjunction with the Saint John’s Senate Activities Representative and Club Allocations Chair.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Student Activities office and Saint Ben’s Senate representative in regards to club issues and procedures.
- Report misuse of Saint Ben’s Senate allocations to the Saint Ben’s Senate and impose sanctions in accordance with Saint Ben’s Senate funding guidelines.
- Ensure that communication is occurring between Club Auditors and the club officers of their designated clubs.
- Be restricted from holding the office of treasurer in other organizations while in office.
- Meet with the business office administrations in conjunction with the Treasurer as deemed necessary.
- Transfer monies from Saint Ben’s Senate Co-Funding Board sub-account to various club accounts when needed as approved by the CFB.
- Calculate re-absorptions to the Saint Ben’s Senate miscellaneous account at the end of fall semester and at the end of spring semester, return the generated funds reabsorbed from clubs, and transfer the designated percentage of reabsorbed money from co-funded clubs to Saint John’s Senate in conjunction with the Allocations Chair.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.