College Response to Disturbances
During business hours:
- The ranking Security Officer will notify the Director of Security and Dean of Students. The Dean of Students will contact the Vice President of Student Development. The Vice President will alert the President at her discretion.
- After consultation, administration will determine the need for Police intervention.
- The Department of Security will be available with assisting agencies during the dispersal of demonstrators.
After business hours:
- The ranking Security Officer will investigate the disruption and notify the Director of Security and the Dean of Students.
- The Dean of Students will consult the Director of Security. The Dean of Students will consult the Vice President of Student Development and a Public Affairs Officer in case of media coverage.
- The Department of Security will be available for any assisting agencies respnding to disperse the demonstrations.
Note: The Director of Security reserves the right to call for Police assistance without counsel from school officials if it is deemed to be of paramount importance to the safety of persons involved.