Alternative Spring Break Experiences
Break away from your comfort zone, raise your awareness of social issues and injustices such as poverty, racism, and environmental issues. Learn to integrate justice and service into your everyday life. Trip locations are across the United States and International. Some examples of the types of service and learning experiences we do at the sites are:
- Spanish immersion and cultural diversity.
- Helping in impoverished areas doing community work, building and restoring homes, schools etc.
- Helping the homeless and serving in soup kitchens.
- Education, helping disadvantaged youth, working with inner city children and tutoring adults.
- Seeking justice through non-violence, resistance training.
- Environmental and eco-justice.
"Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Hands."
"ABE was the best experience I have had in college. It pushed me out of my comfort zone and taught me to be more open to others and also with myself."
~ Ecuador 2014 Participant