The Kapsner Soceity, in honor of Mother Cecilia Kapsner
The Kapsner Society recognizes donors who make a cumulative gift of $50,000 and above during the fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Mother Ceceila Kapsner was elected Mother Prioress on July 27, 1901 and served three consecutive terms as prioress until 1919. During her time as Prioress, there was considerable material expansion, including the building of an infirmary at the Motherhouse (1903), a wing and a laundry (1904-1910) for St. Joseph's Home in St. Cloud, an addition to St. Alexius Hospital in Bismarck, North Dakota (1905), and finally (1914) the Sacred Heart Chapel at the Motherhouse and a new wing for the Main Building for the newly founded Saint Benedict's College in 1913. Initially the college was founded to further the education of the sisters so that they could better the educational, medical, and other services they provided for the local community. As time went on, Saint Benedict's College (later College of Saint Benedict) served to continue to educate the students of St. Benedict's Academy as well as students from the Midwest region in a Catholic and Benedictine setting. In 1917, the College was accredited by Catholic University as a two-year junior college and was able to issue its first degree.
The Kapsner Society Benefits
The single most important benefit of membership in the Presidents' Circle is the satisfaction you receive from helping young women realize their dreams of a Saint Ben's education. This would not be possible without your investment. To thank and recognize all levels of giving, each society has a number of benefits.
As a member of the Kapsner Society, you will receive:
- Inside information about Saint Ben's through a bi-annual newsletter
- Online state-of-the college message and updates from the President's office
- Recognition in Annual Report and Honor Roll and at Saint Ben's events
- Invitations to exclusive college events
- Invitation to the Scholarship Mass and Brunch
- Potential to establish a named annual scholarship
- Invitation to Scholarship and Creativity Day Luncheon with the President and Provost
- Tickets to VIP Fine Arts Programming events
- Breakfast with the President
- Saint Ben's-for-a-Day experience
- Custom benefits package to reflect your interests