News and Events
Monday, April 23, 2018: Annual Irish Author Event in memory of Sr. Colman O'Connell
Potter Richard Bresnahan and the University Chair in Critical Thinking Nick Hayes welcome Irish Poet Tony Curtis for a reading and reception in the Saint John’s Pottery, 4:30-6:00 p.m. He will host a reading from his newest book of poetry, Approximately in the Key of C.
Wednesday, April 18th, 2018: Tom Gjelten is an American author and radio correspondent raised in Minnesota. He is an expert on religion, immigration, diplomacy, and national security issues. He joined NPR in 1982 with experience in national and international news coverage. Notably, he was the lead correspondent at the Pentagon early in the war with Afghanistan. He has also reported extensively for Central Europe and Latin America. Gjelten will be visiting campus to discuss his most recent book A Nation of Nations and the implications of immigration policy for our country today. This is part of the lecture series Ethical Thinking in Modern Times. The lecture is sponsored by the Saint John's University Chair in Critical Thinking, the Eugene J. McCarthy Center for Public Policy and Civic Engagement, as well as the Saint John's University Pottery. The lecture can be heard here.
Monday, March 26th, 2018: Nick was joined by St. John’s University President Michael Hemesath and director of the Museum of Russian Art Vladimir von Tsurikov for a conversation on the legacy of the Russian Revolution in regards to politics, economics, and Soviet history. This event was be moderated by MPR’s Gary Eichten. The event broadcast can be found here.
Tuesday, March 27th, 2018: Fred de Sam Lazaro is a contributor for PBS and has many accomplishments in reporting underrepresented stories. He was on campus to discuss reporting, ethics, education, and more.
Our community was fortunate enough to welcome Irish poet Eamonn Wall to campus.
Listen to the conversation with Eamonn Wall.
- Nick Hayes appeared on TPT's Almanac Friday, March 3, 2017, for an interview and commentary of the Russian connection to Trump
- Nick Hayes' contributions to MinnPost
- As the ruble tumbles, Putin stumbles - and upheaval looms in Russia
- Nick Hayes in Sarajevo talks about the Ukraine
- 100 years after an assassination: Sarajevo remembers and forgets an anniversary
Minnesota Public Radio
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerri Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Putin's Visible Hand."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Friday Roundtable: Foreign Policy."
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerry Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR
- Conversations with Nick Hayes
- Nick Hayes in Moscow
- Putin vs Obama: The New Cold War?
- What does Russian President Vladimir Putin want?
- Russian Hacking and Interference with the U.S. Election