Graduate Exam Information
GRE (Graduate Record Exam) - www.gre.org
- General Test: The GRE revised General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills - skills that have been developed over a long period of time and are not related to a specific field of study but are important for all. Content covered in the test sections include Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing. Year round computer-based testing is offered at centers worldwide; check www.gre.org for test dates and registration information.
- General Test Fee: $195
- Subject Test: Each Subject Test is intended for students who have majored in or have extensive background in a specific area, such as: Biochemistry (Cell and Molecular Biology), Biology, Chemistry, Literature in English, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology. Test scores are used by admissions or fellowship panels to supplement undergraduate records and other qualifications for graduate study. Check www.gre.org for test dates and registration information.
- Subject Test Fee: $150
GRE Fee Reduction Waiver: Contact Financial Aid Office for information/eligibility for the GRE Fee Reduction Waiver.
LSAT (Law School Admission Test) - http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/about-the-lsat.asp
- The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a half-day, standardized test administered four times each year at designated testing centers throughout the world. The test is an integral part of the law school admission process in the United States, Canada, and a growing number of other countries. It provides a standard measure of acquired reading and verbal reasoning skills that law schools can use as one of several factors in assessing applicants. In order to take the LSAT, applicants must pay both the LSAT fee and the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Fee.
LSAT Standard Fee: $170
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) http://www.mba.com/mba
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is designed to assess an individual's analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in standard written English in preparation for being admitted into a graduate management program. All GMAT tests are computer based. The test is available, year-round, at test sites around the world. Visit http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/register.aspx for registration details.
- GMAT Fee: $250
MAT (Miller Analogy Test) http://www.milleranalogies.com/
- The Miller Analogy Test (MAT) assesses analytical skills and academic content critical to success in graduate education and has proven to be a reliable and valid test for assessing candidates for graduate school.
- The nearest testing center to CSB/SJU is St. Cloud State University.
- For additional information regarding the MAT and testing procedures, visit http://www.stcloudstate.edu/testingcenter/mat.aspx
- To register for the exam, call the Testing Center at St. Cloud State University (320-308-5456) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAT Fee: $85, payable by check (written to SCSU), money order or cash.
MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/
- The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is a standardized, multiple-choice examination designed to assess the examinee's problem solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine. Scores are reported in Physical Sciences, Verbal Reasoning, and Biological Sciences. The MCAT is required by most medical schools.
- The MCAT is offered multiple times from late January through early September, and offered at hundreds of test sites. Morning and afternoon sessions are available on weekdays and Saturdays.
- For more information, visit https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/
- MCAT Fee: $275
For information regarding admission tests for DENTAL, VETERINARIAN, OPTOMETRY, etc., visit the Career Resource Centers, Academic Services Building, CSB; Mary Hall 25, SJU; or with your advisor.
Additional information and links available on the Career Homepage, www.csbsju.edu/career.
Check appropriate registration booklets for testing locations and details.