Continue to Explore Possible Careers
- Once you have narrowed your career interests, conduct more informational interviews and network, network, network! - More Info...
- Talk to recent graduates about the job market and potential employers
- Starting in early fall, regularly check E-link for internship postings and on-campus interviews for internships - More Info...
- Plan to complete at least one internship by the beginning of your senior year
- Take a leadership role in a campus club or organization
- Attend the Minnesota Private College Internship Fair
Begin to Plan for After Graduation
- Research potential employers - More info...
- Participate in employer information sessions, Roundtables, and Networking events
- Attend the Minnesota Private College Job Fair to learn more about potential employers
- Check out other Fairs occurring throughout the academic year (Government Job & Internship Fair, Tri-College Fair, Sports Internship Fair, Volunteer Fair, Education Career Fair, etc.)
- Consider graduate school - meet with faculty to discuss graduate school programs and requirements - More Info...
- Attend the fall Graduate School Fair, held at the University of Minnesota
- If possible, visit graduate schools in which you are interested
- Take the appropriate entrance exams for graduate school - More Info...
- If you are considering a full time volunteer position after graduation, begin researching potential volunteer organizations - More Info...
Continue to Develop Career Tools
- Update your resume and have it critiqued by a Career Counselor - More Info...
- Participate in practice interviews
- Create your career portfolio and learn how to use it effectively in interviews
- Develop a professional wardrobe