Career EXPO | CSB/SJU Alums
EXPO REGISTRATION FORM
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Gorecki Conference Center, CSB
CAREER EXPO OVERVIEW
- Career EXPO, open to students from all classes, majors, career interests, is an opportunity to learn about careers and organizations, connect with professionals, and practice/enhance career preparation. Some students will be highly polished while this will be the first event for others. Please give students feedback (dress, introductions, non-verbals ...) as well as information and advice.
- Career EXPO depends on alum volunteers. Review the Seminar, Fair, and Networking Reception details and then complete the EXPO Registration Form. Please understand that due to a strong tradition of alum volunteers we may not be able to guarantee every alum a Seminar or Fair spot. However, the Networking Reception welcomes all volunteers.
- Panelists share information and advice about major and career options, career paths, trends...
- Brief introduction by facilitator
- Panelists provide a brief (3-4 minute) introduction describing their career path and current position/responsibilities
- Question and answer period
- Students can individually speak with the panelists
- Seminars Contacts:
- Approximately 75+ organizations from a variety of sectors (arts, sciences, corporate, government, non-profit). Space is limited and will be allocated to ensure representation of each sector.
- It is not a job/internship fair per se; however, share positions (jobs, internships, research, volunteering) available at your organization.
- Every booth must have at least one CSB/SJU alum.
- Each booth will have a draped table and an 8 1/2" X 11" company sign. Large displays are not allowed.
- Career Fair Contact: John Clarkson (email@example.com)
- Share information/advice with students while helping them enhance their networking skills.
- Networking Reception Contacts:
PRIOR TO EXPO
- Consider contacting CSB/SJU faculty and staff and let them know you'll be on campus; encourage them to stop by Career EXPO to visit and to bring their students.
- Parking Map: Gorecki Center is "M"; EXPO parking lots are 5 and 8.
- Check-in: Obtain nametag in the President's Room (second level), Gorecki Center.
- Hospitality: Refreshments will be available in the Gorecki President's Room.