2014 Volunteer Fair Organization Details
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University Volunteer After Graduation Fair is taking on a NEW look and format! We are promoting this event as part of our Career EXPO scheduled for November 5th. The Career EXPO event has been a success for CSB/SJU for the last 6 years and we are looking forward to an equally successful 7th year with the inclusion of the volunteer organizations at the Fair! We invite you, or a representative from your organization, to attend EXPO Fair offering an opportunity to showcase your organization and to provide students an opportunity to ask questions. Each year we have over 200 students choosing to participate in "alternative spring break" trips at over 15 sites around the country. We also have approximately 60-70 students choosing to become full-time volunteers in domestic and international volunteer organizations. We will be promoting our EXPO event and the inclusion of volunteer organizations campus-wide to first-year through seniors; we want to encourage underclass women and men to start thinking about the possibilities of volunteer service after graduation. (For those of you not familiar with our campus, the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are about 5 miles apart with students participating in a coordinate educational experience.) We have incorporated the Volunteer Fair into our EXPO event to hopefully reach a larger audience of students and to promote an opportunity for more students to come and ask questions about volunteer opportunities. Career EXPO is an all-day event including seminars, the fair, and ending with a networking reception for alumni and current students.
• Our EXPO Fair will take place at the College of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota in the Gorecki Conference Center from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
• There is no fee to participate in this event, however, you must register as space is limited.
• We will provide a table and 8 ½ x 11 signage as well as beverages and snacks. Space is very limited so you will be asked to confine your display to your booth area.
• It is not required that the non-profit/volunteer organizations have an alum at the table, however, we would welcome the participation of CSB/SJU alumni at your EXPO table.
• A confirmation email will be sent to the contact person listed on your registration prior to the event.
Should you have any questions regarding EXPO, please feel free to email Jackie Miller or call Career Services at 320-363-5707.
In addition to our EXPO event, the College of St. Scholastica (Duluth, MN) will be hosting a volunteer fair on November 6th. Contact: Diane Swanoski, 218-723-6085 for information regarding the St. Scholastica Fair.
We welcome the participation of your organization at the Career EXPO on November 5th at the College of Saint Benedict!