Textbook Buyback Information
End-of-Semester Book Buyback - Finals Week!
Monday - Friday, May 2 - 6
Mary Commons and Sexton Commons
Monday - Friday, May 2 - 6 - 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Stop by either location to sell your books back. A receipt isn't necessary to sell your books back. Books can be sold back at either location.
Receive a bonus buck and check the winners board at each store when you sell your books back. Over $800 in prizes!
What affects the resale value of your book?
- Instructor has notified the Bookstore that your book will be reused and the Bookstore needs additional quantities
- Instructor has discontinued use of your book or has not notified the Bookstore that your book will be used again
- The Bookstore already has sufficient quantities of your book
- Your book has been published in an updated version and has little or no dollar value
- The condition of your book may be too poor or incomplete to be resold – i.e. study guides, workbooks, textbooks with discs, maps, charts, etc.
- National demand determines resale value of books that have been discontinued on your campus
There will also be a promotion in conjunction with the buyback. Students will be eligible to win mulitple deposits into their Bookstore Bucks account.
Everyday Book Buyback
- The CSB/SJU Bookstores offer students the opportunity to sell their books back online every day through a wholesaler.
- The textbooks are not bought back for the Bookstores; rather the texts are bought back for a wholesaler.
- Books bought back will not be used for next semester’s classes. Instead, the books will be sold to other bookstores throughout the country.
- Students can expect to receive less money than at the end-of-semester buyback.
Why should you shop the CSB/SJU Bookstores?