CAMPUS ALERT: Due to the weather, all evening classes at CSB and SJU are canceled. The LINK bus will run on its regular schedule until 5 p.m. and then every hour on the hour for the remainder of the evening, weather permitting. Pre-scheduled campus and community events and college/university sponsored events scheduled at off campus locations may continue at the discretion of the divisional VP.
Many of our students choose to do summer research off campus. Here are some possibilities:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory - Education: offers semester and summer programs.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience: sponsored by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Ames Laboratory: attended by Ryan Olson '00.
- Argonne National Laboratory's Division of Educational Programs
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA): attended by Alexis Brunner '97.
- NASA - Goddard Space Flight Center: attended by Dan Besemann '97.
- SERC - Smithsonian Enviromental Research Center
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship: at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Research and Training Opportunities at NIH: past participants include Trish Valusek '97 and Laura Bruzek '00.
- Colgate University Study Group at the National Institutes of Health
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU): sponsored by the National Science Foundation, but held at various instiutions around the country unlike NIH programs. Also probably the largest single list of research opportunities available. Past participants include Matt Stockinger '01 and Nikki Tuma '01.
- IBM Research - Almaden Research Center: encourages sophomores to participate; attended by Matt Nugent '00.
- Institute of Paper Science and Technology
- LANDO/NSF Summer Research Program: sponsored by the Department of Chemistry at the University of Minnesota, along with NSF. Attended by Saul McBroom '98.
- College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering: located at the University of Akron.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI): attended by Chris Brueske '00.
- Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases: located at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Past participants include Shawn Alderman '99 and Francis Insaidoo '99.
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine: education and research.
- Medical College of Wisconsin - Summer Program for Undergraduate Research: will consider applications from first year students, which is a rare opportunity.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program (SURF): at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Attended by Laura Bruzek '00.
- University of Iowa Medical Scientist Training Program