Research Contract: CH 351 - Lab Research
Students working on laboratory research projects are obliged to conform to the following expectations:
- Establish work habits that include a minimum of four hours per cycle of laboratory research for each term credit earned.
- Meet with the moderator on a regular basis to discuss progress made on the project (once per cycle).
- Maintain a complete notebook which should include dates, descriptions of experiments, data, literature sources, reading notes, etc. and should be available to the moderator during the meetings and upon request.
- Prepare and present a Senior Seminar talk.
- Attend at least 75% of all departmental seminars (see Seminar Policy).
- For a library research project, the student must submit a formally prepared and properly referenced term paper.
- For a laboratory research project, each student must submit a formally prepared and properly referenced paper describing the project and results.
- At the completion of the project, put work areas back in order, and put away or dispose of chemicals and equipment in the proper manner.
The faculty research advisor agrees to commit at least one hour per cycle for direct interaction and guidance.
This contract is mutually agreed upon by
Advisee _______________________ Research Advisor ________________________
Laboratory Research Proposal
Research Advisor ___________________________
Number of Credits Fall term ____________________
Number of Credits Spring term __________________
Please print or type a short description of projected laboratory Research activity.
Student Signature _______________________________
Research Advisor Signature _______________________