Sister Dennis Fraundrup, OSB
M.F.A., Siena Heights College (Adrian, Michigan), 1973
Artist in Residence and Professor Emerita at the College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, MN
Office: A149 Benedicta Arts Center
Phone: (320) 363-5910
Office Hours: Available in Spring Semester when Jewelry students seek help.
M.F.A. degree in Ceramic Sculpture with a minor in Metal Arts (Jewelry).
One summer spent studying Ceramic Sculpture at Alfred University, Alfred, New York.
Three summers spent at Anderson Ranch Center in Snowmass, Colorado pursuing a continued interest in ceramics.
One sabbatical spent studying with Paul Soldner at Claremont University, Claremont, California.
One sabbatical spent at Kansas City Art Institute, Kansas City, Missouri.
One sabbatical spent at Rhode Island School of Art and Design, Providence Rhode Island.
Areas of Interest:
Functional Ceramics, Ceramics Sculpture, Jewelry
- "Since I taught ceramics for 38 years in the college I would have to say that my influence are many."
- Japanese and Chinese ceramics
- The work of David Leach (English potter).
- My sculptural work has been highly influenced by Paul Solder and Peter Voulkos.
- "And of course my students have influenced me."