- The costs for tuition, fees, room and meals will increase between 4-6% each year.
- These figures do not include travel or summer living expenses.
- Scholarships for international students are available and are worth up to $21,500 per year (4 year renewable scholarships). Students apply for scholarships by applying for admission. International student scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need.
- Scholarships are renewable and available for up to a total of 4 years as long as the student is making satisfactory academic progress. Scholarships are renewed at the same level. Scholarships do not change from year to year even though costs will increase each year.
- There are very limited additional scholarship opportunities for international students in addition to the scholarship(s) awarded the first year. The few scholarships that are available are typically highly competitive and are awarded to a select few students entering their final year of study.
- Many international students are awarded a Student Employment opportunity as part of their Scholarship/financial aid package.
- The Student Employment Program is designed to provide financial assistance to students of the colleges through employment opportunities on campus.
- The program fosters leadership development, substantive employment opportunities, transferable life skills, and personal and career development of student employees.
- If granted a Student Employment award, a student can typically earn up to $3,150 in a school year.
- Very few undergraduate classes are offered during the summer (May, June, July & August). International students may live on-campus during the summer and work full-time. Although likely, summer employment cannot be guaranteed to all SEVIS F-1 students electing to stay on the campuses over summer break.
- Employment is dependent on the student's job skills, willingness to work and job availability.
- Students typically earn $5,000 for full-time summer employment.
- The cost for summer housing is $60 - $85 per week; estimate of food costs is $30-$45 per week.