How do I apply for a Fellowship?
To be considered for a fellowship, all of the below steps must be completed:
- Apply for admission to CSB/SJU. Please note the regular decision admission application deadline is January 15.
- Choose one of the following questions to answer in a 1-2 page written essay:
- Question #1: Describe the value of having diversity in a learning community and what you have done to further your knowledge/understanding of diversity.
- Question #2: Drawing on your past efforts and your background, in what ways have you promoted inclusion in your community?
- Complete the application for the Intercultural LEAD Fellowship.
The following criteria must be met for your application to be considered for a fellowship:
- Applicants must be first-generation (CSB/SJU consider students to be first-generation if neither parent has a four-year degree.
- Applicants must be high school seniors from the United States.
Once the application for admission, the essay and the fellowship application have been received, candidates will be chosen to participate in an on-campus interview in February. Applicants will be notified if they have been selected for an interview. Candidates will interview with a faculty member and spend a day on campus with current CSB/SJU Intercultural Leadership, Education and Development Scholars. Scholars are chosen after the on-campus interview.