One of the ways we help make a CSB/SJU education affordable.
Get additional information on scholarships outside of CSB/SJU.
Applying for Financial Aid
Getting Ready to Apply for Financial Aid
- March 15 is the recommended deadline to apply for need-based financial aid, (grants, student loans, on-campus employment). Please note: we still accept financial aid applications after March 15. If you apply after March 15, the financial aid staff will work hard to complete your financial aid award and send it to you before May 1 if possible.
- Complete your 2014 tax return as soon as possible so you can make use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Two Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the FAFSA. Make sure you use the correct FAFSA website which ends in .gov, not .com. You will need the CSB/SJU FAFSA codes found on the right side of this page. Prospective men use the SJU code and prospective women use the CSB code.
If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must complete:
Students selected for verification are notified through the Student Aid Report, which is sent via email from the FAFSA processor after your application is processed. CSB/SJU will also notify you of the verification requirement, so please monitor the email account you provided on the FAFSA.
We recognize that the FAFSA does not always provide a clear picture of your family's financial situation. You may complete the CSB/SJU Special Circumstances Form to report family financial information that might impact your aid eligibility. Circumstances that may be considered include the following:
- Loss of employment
- Other loss or significant change of income
- High unreimbursed medical and/or dental expenses
- K-12 parochial school tuition expenses
Please note that initiating a special circumstances request may result in your FAFSA being selected for verification.
How to Fill Out the FAFSA
- Watch more videos from StudentAid.Gov regarding the FAFSA process and federal student aid.
- Need additional help? Call our financial aid office (information on the right) or utilize nerdscholar.