Please update your web browser or disable Compatibility View.


In exceptional circumstances students may petition for exemption/substitution from specific academic regulations. Forms for requesting an exemption/substitution are available from the registrar. Students should first consult with their academic advisor, whose signature on the exemption/substitution form represents a recommendation that the request be considered favorably by the approving official. Department chairs are the approving officials for exemption/substitutions from requirements within majors and minors. Exemption/substitutions from academic regulations beyond major and minor fields require the approval of the academic dean or the dean's designee. Requests for these non-departmental exemption/substitutions should be directed to the Academic Advising Offices. The guiding principle in considering requests for any exemption/substitution is fidelity to the academic standards of the colleges.