Sports Medicine Program
The CSB/SJU minor in Sports Medicine examines sport performance and injury from multiple disciplinary perspectives including:
Motor learning and control
Coursework is designed to prepare students for careers in the exercise and fitness field. More specifically, students will develop knowledge and skills in the areas of physiological assessment, exercise program design, and exercise technique instruction.
These courses will incorporate classroom learning and hands-on practical learning. Students will be challenged to integrate knowledge and apply that knowledge in "real world" situations.
Overview of Program
- Includes lab based courses Health and Fitness, Kinesiology, and Exercise Physiology.
- Curriculum also requires courses in Athletic Training and Motor Learning.
- Includes a wide array of electives so our students can tailor the program to their own needs.
- In the spring of 2008, the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies opened the new exercise laboratory.
- Students work with certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, general practitioners and orthopedic surgeons.
- Many CSB/SJU students participate in internship programs that enhance their coursework.
- The program has strong relationships with physical therapy schools, including collaboration with the College of St. Catherine.
- Varsity athletes can be involved in the program while participating in their sport.
- Peterson's Top Colleges for Science lists our science and math programs among the best in the nation.