Theology Graduate Degree Programs
At Saint John's, we understand that God calls each person to serve in a unique way. We offer degrees to students preparing for all kinds of ministry and service to the church, from parish or pastoral ministry to teaching to further academic study.
prepares students for parish and social ministries in a variety of settings. The Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry has the same goals. Because these degrees have different requirements, students choosing between them often consider both their life circumstances and the ministries in which they hope to work.
- The Master of Arts in Liturgical Music
- prepares students for pastoral leadership in the musical dimensions of worship. The program requires courses in liturgy, theology, and music, and fosters the application of liturgical and musical knowledge in pastoral situations.
- The Master of Arts in Liturgical Studies prepares students for work in liturgical formation, liturgical ministries, liturgical leadership, and further study. This specialized program presumes a solid background in theology and scripture.
- The Master of Arts in Theology, with concentrations in Church History, Liturgy, Monastic Studies, Scripture, Spirituality, and Systematic Theology, prepares students for teaching at the secondary level and in adult education, service in religious communities, particular ministries, and further study. It includes a grounding in the Christian theological tradition and contemporary scholarship as well as particular study in one of the areas of concentration.
- The Master of Theology is a postgraduate, predoctoral program which prepares students for further studies.
In each degree program, students can earn a limited number of credits in Web-based courses.