Frequently Asked Questions
What does move-in day look like and when do families typically leave?
First-Year Move-In Day is Thursday, August 22nd from 8a.m. to 1p.m. Around mid-July students will be receiving their housing assignments. This will dictate when he/she moves in. Students living on floors towards the top of the building will be asked to move in during the first time slot (8a.m.-11a.m.) and students living towards the ground-level of the building will be asked to move in during the second time slot (11a.m.-1p.m.). Throughout the day, there are plenty of activities to keep parents and students busy exploring the campus(es).
Some activities include (but are not limited to):
- Parent Information Sessions
- Community Picnic
- Resource Fair (informational booth fair with departments from campus)
- Family Liturgy
*Also during the day, many departments on campus will be open for students and families to finish up any last-minute paperwork that needs to be completed.
After the Family Liturgy is typically when most families say their goodbyes...for the rest of the night and days to follow are packed with activities to get your first-year student geared up for the first day of the fastest four years of his/her life!
What can I expect during Orientation?
We have some pretty great things in store for you. Throughout the days you will have the opportunity to participate in the following (and MUCH more!):
- Getting to know your Orientation Leaders and group through various activities
- Community lunches
- Dinner hosted by the Presidents of CSB and SJU respectively
- Social programming during the evenings
- Fun, interactive presentations
- Welcomings from the Monastic Communities
- Meet-a-prof sessions - meet with current professors and ask them all your questions!
What if I am flying in from out of state? Click Here!
Other questions or concerns? Send an email to Orientation@csbsju.edu. We'd be happy to hear from you!
Watch for this list to be updated!