International Teaching Externship in Germany
Winter: Mid-January to Mid-February
Summer: Mid-May to Mid-June
The CSB/SJU Education International Teaching Externship (ITE) program is a 4-week international opportunity where students will have a chance to work as a teaching assistant and/or team teacher in one of several locations. The ITE program is a professional teaching experience that you participate in following your teaching internship (student teaching) experience in the US. It is an additional opportunity to put your teaching skills into use in an international environment as you work with an on-site cooperating teacher. Teaching internationally is a great way to set yourself apart from others for job applications. ITE will be a professional adventure you will never forget!
The estimated program cost is $3,800. Students will also be given a $500 stipend to help offset costs.
Estimated fees include:
Round trip international airfare from Minneapolis to Dusseldorf, Germany
International insurance and student card
Domestic transportation and travel
Essen lodging and meals (30 days and nights)
*This estimate does not include personal spending money*
Qualifications & Requirements
- Submit your ITE Application form the semester BEFORE your teaching internship (student teaching):
Application Deadline for Summer 2013 is November 15, 2013
Application Deadline for Winter 2014 is April 15, 2014
- Successful completion of student teaching
- Your application will be reviewed by the ITE Committee and you are notified.
- You will complete 16 weeks teaching internship in the US.
- Participate in all pre-departure and re-entry orientation activities.
- You will be automatically registered for EDUC 368 (1-2 credits) during your teaching internship (student teaching) semester, so no additional tuition charges.
- You must have a current passport at departure time
- Students must have an ability to pay all travel expenses and personal expenses including room and board, but participants will receive a $500 stipend to help offset the program costs.
- Professor Janet Grochowski, PhD, Chair
- Allison Spenader, PhD
- Del Brobst, Director K-12, 5-12, 9-12 Teacher Candidates
- Melisa Dick, Director Elementary Teacher Candidates
- Contact Janet Grochowski
- APPLY NOW!Applications are accepted on a space available basis until November 15, 2013 for May 2014, or April 15, 2014 for January 2015. Students are encouraged to apply early.
- ITE 2014 Program Brochure
- ITE Jan-Feb 2014 Information PowerPoint
- ITE May-June 2014 Information Powerpoint