The climate in Minnesota ranges from hot in the summer to extremely cold in the winter. The average snowfall per year is 41'' (104 cm). It usually begins in mid-November and can continue into mid-April. Precipitation during the summer months is about 28'' (74 cm). Temperatures in the summer usually range from 70F - 90F (20-30C). The winter temperature can reach as low as -25F (-30C) for a few days. But usually is between 0F and 40F (-15 to 4C). Minnesota is known as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes;" so humidity can be high. This can be the average temperature range on a given day during the months listed.
For information on current weather conditions: http://www.wunderground.com/US/MN/Saint_Cloud.html
Please click on the appropriate link to check a list of what to bring. This list is made for Local (American) Students. As an international student you are traveling with limited luggage, remember that several of the items in these lists can be purchased upon your arrival. We will take you shopping four days after your arrival so you can purchase the items you need but could not take with you.
- CSB: If you are living on-campus, your meal contract is automatically activated when you arrive on campus. If you are living off-campus and are interested in a meal contract, please contact Food Service phone: (320)-363- 5112 or http://www.csbsju.edu/CSB-Culinary-Services/Campus-Meal-Plans.htm
- SJU: If you are living on-campus, your meal contract is automatically activated when you arrive on campus. If you are living off-campus and are interested in a meal contract, please contact food service at the Dinning Service near the entrance to the Refectory in Quad Ground or phone (320)-363-2240 or http://www.csbsju.edu/SJU-Dining-Service/Student-Meal-Plan-Information.htm
- CSB: Please contact Security in Mary Commons or by phone at (320)-363-5000
- SJU: Please contact Life Safety in the basement of Tommy Hall or by phone at (320)-363-2144
All students can go to the Information Technology (IT) Service located on both campuses to obtain a password.
SJU: IT Service is located in Quad 80 which can be accessed from outside of the North side of the Quad (in the computer lab).
- Phone (Quad Computer Access) (320)-363-3119
CSB: IT Service is located in Clemens's Library and the lower level of Lottie Hall.
- Phone (Clemens Computer Access) (320)-363-5556
- Phone (Lottie Hall help desk) (320)-363-2228
- For classes at CSB, books are available at the CSB Bookstore in Mary Commons. You can purchase you books online or in the store. Phone (320)-363-5510
- For classes at SJU, books are available at the SJU Bookstore in Sexton Commons. You can purchase you books online or in the store. Phone (320)-363-2494
The Link bus runs regularly between CSB and SJU. You can view the schedule online http://www.csbsju.edu/Transportation.htm.
- CSB: Your mailbox combination can be found on Banner Web. For further question, please contact Residential Life in Mary Commons 221. Phone (320)-363-5580
- SJU: Your mailbox combination key can be picked up at Campus Mail in Sexton A038 next to the campus mailboxes in Sexton Commons. This is also available on Banner Web. Phone (320)-363-2097
There are several banks in the St. Joseph, Collegeville, and St. Cloud areas. We will bring you to Wells Fargo in St. Cloud four days after your arrival. Please click on this link for information about banking.
Local Bank Information --PDF Format
ATM's can be found on both campuses:
Central MN Credit Union - found in the lobby of the Gorecki
Bremer Bank - found in the basement of Mary Hall by the Mail Center 3
Collegeville Credit Union - found in the basement of the Quad near Dining Services
All students are required to live on campus. You will receive all your housing information from the CSB Residential Life Office or SJU Campus Life Office before arriving in Minnesota. For the best results in housing, return your forms by the date they suggest on the portal. Do not wait until the last moment to take care of these forms. For more information, please go to the Residential Life Programs website:
- For College of Saint Benedict students:
- For Saint John's University students:
All students are required to carry health insurance while enrolled at CSB/SJU. This requirement can be met by one of the following:
Coverage carried under your personal or family insurance plan. Check your policy to determine if you are covered while at college in the United States. Please come with information as to what hospital and clinic in the St. Cloud area your insurance will cover.
Enroll in the insurance plan available to CSB/SJU students through Student Assurance Services, Inc. This is the plan obtained by CSB/SJU for its own use. The college makes no representations or warranties as to the appropriateness or sufficiency of this plan for you or others, and you will need to make your own evaluation of its coverage.
Failure to provide proof of personal insurance coverage will result in your being automatically enrolled in the insurance plan used by CSB/SJU and billed for the same. Failure to provide proof of coverage in a timely manner shall be the student's consent to enrollment in and payment for the plan above.
The Student Accounts Office is available for students to payments on their accounts, cash checks, purchase checks and withdraw payroll. The Student Accounts office will also assist in answering any billing questions which may arise.
The Student Employment Programs are to provide financial assistance to students of the colleges through employment opportunities. Because the programs are designed for students who need employment to assist in financing their college costs, preference is given to students with the greatest financial need. Student must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at CSB or SJU in order to be eligible for student employment.