Office: Quad 359D
Phone: (320) 363-2720
- Ph.D. - Cornell University
- BA - University of California at Santa Cruz
Dr. Jones specialty is 20th century US History. His focuses covers both domestic and foreign policy as well as healthcare and film.
I started teaching at Arizona State University, but realized I wanted to be at a smaller school with a liberal arts focus and an emphasis on teaching. I came here in 1976 and have happily stayed ever since. Besides teaching history and First Year Seminar, I have led the CSB/SJU program to improve faculty teaching (the Learning Enhancement Service), and am now directing the Common Curriculum.
- HIST 152: American Experience
- HIST 200: History Colloquium
- HIST 357: United States From World War I to 1960
- HIST 358: United States Since 1960
- HIST 368: United States and the World
- HIST 395: Historiography & Methods