Student Employee Application
Service-Learning Academic Coordinator Expectations and Job Description
Functions/Description of the Position:
The Liemandt Family Service Learning Academic Coordinator is responsible for acting as a resource and providing support to faculty, students, and community partners who are currently involved in service learning. This person works with and reports to the Service Learning Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and facilitate short presentations within the classroom at the beginning of semester.
- Organize student information throughout semester
- Participate in/facilitate reflection activities within the classroom periodically throughout the semester.
- Collaborate with and maintain communication with community partners regularly.
- Send bi-weekly updates to community partners.
- Observe service learning classes during the semester.
- Maintain weekly contact with professors through e-mail, phone or meetings.
- Monitor student placements throughout semester as established with professor.
- Learn about service learning theory and continue to grow in understanding of service learning.
- Contribute to program growth and development.
- Participate in training opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications to Perform the Duties of the Position:
- Strong desire to develop personal and professional leadership.
- Willingness and desire to learn and practice service learning theory.
- Desire to work in a leadership position.
- Ability to work in a team and individual environment.
- Ability to take initiative for own work responsibilities.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to act and make decisions independently