Pathways to Careers in Social Science Areas
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
University of St. Thomas - Anderson Student Center, St. Paul
Registration Form: Click on the link, print, complete and return to your Career Center with your registration fee by (CSB~Academic Services Building) or (SJU~Mary 10). Registration fee should be payable (cash or check to SJU).
Pathways is sponsored by the MN Private Colleges Career Consortium and was developed to give students (first year though senior) the opportunity to gather career information as well as to network with alums (speakers) from the private colleges. There will be four break-out sessions in the areas listed below; alumnae/alumni from the MN private colleges will be available to share information about these career areas. Come and learn more about careers in these areas; there will be an opportunity for questions too! Students need to register with their career office by Wednesday, April 3, 2013. ~Cost: $10 with your own transportation; $15 includes school sponsored transportation (space limited).
Break-out Sessions (registered students will select two):
- Criminal Justice/Protective Services
- Government (Urban Planning, Policy, Adminstration)
- Human Services (Direct Service)
- Non-Profit (Administrative)
- 2:45 - 3:05 p.m. - Registration
- 3:05 - 3:20 p.m. - Welcome
- 3:25 - 4:10 p.m. - 1st Break-out session
- 4:15 - 5:00 p.m. - 2nd Break-out session
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Reception with alumnae/alumni
~CSB/SJU school sponsored transportation leaves from East side of Haehn Campus Center, CSB at 1 p.m. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLIER DEPARTURE TIME DUE TO EXPECTED ROAD CONSTRUCTION DELAYS. Returns to CSB after the event which ends at 6 p.m.
- University of St. Thomas: Campus Map http://www.stthomas.edu/campusmaps/stpaul/
- Driving directions to University of St. Thomas-St. Paul campus http://www.stthomas.edu/campusmaps/commutingparkingdirections/drivingdirections/
- Parking Information for Visitors: http://www.stthomas.edu/parking/visitors/visitoroptions/ (Use Anderson Parking Ramp or Morrison Parking Ramp- see UST map for location of facilities). Parking cost: $5-$7 (credit card).
If you have questions, please contact Mary Harlander-Locke.