- Thank you for your commitment to this ministry. Cross Bearers should check in at the chapel at 5:40p.m. If you are unable to be a Cross Bearer on the day that you are scheduled, please find a replacement and let our staff know as soon as possible.
Before the Mass:
- Sign in on ministry form in the meeting place by 5:40p.m.
- Take time to be familiar with the weight of the cross.
- Hold the cross with two hands separated enough so as to maintain balance.
- Go first in the procession.
- Walk slowly but not too slow.
- The cross bearer goes all the way around the altar once and then proceeds to the cross stand and places the cross in the stand.
- The cross bearer then steps down and waits behind the cross to bow with the presider and the others in the procession.
The cross bearers goes to their seat and does not walk out during the recession.