Tips for First-time Fliers
- Bring picture identification with you to the airport - school ID, passport, state ID, driver's license, etc.
- Check your ticket and make sure you know on which airline you are flying - that will determine which check-in counter you need to find.
- Arrive at the airport 90 minutes before your departure time so you have time to check-in. Have your confirmation letter with our contact numbers and directions to our Welcome Booth at the Minneapolis Airport.
- Please bring your Travel Waiver if you have not already mailed it to us.
- There is no fee to carry on a small piece of luggage with your clothes in it. Since you are only staying two nights you might be able to pack in a smaller bag. However, if you need to check your bag there will be a fee associated which will run anywhere from $15 to $25. Be sure to have money on you if you need to check your bag at the airport.
- If you are travelling with just a carry-on bag, there are new rules for packing liquids, gels, or aerosols. They must be in 3 oz. size or smaller containers and packed in one, 1-quart clear plastic, zip-top bag. You will be asked to take this out of your bag when you go through security. This rule also applies to water bottles or bottled drinks- either buy your drinks after security or pack your reusable water bottle empty. Liquids or gels of any size are allowed in your checked luggage. See the Transportation Security Administration Web site for more details.
- The weather forecast...Minnesota may be a little colder than home at this time of year. You will want to bring a jacket to be on the safe side. Check our local weather forecast.
- You do not need any formal clothing...bring comfortable clothes because you will be walking around a lot and exploring all we have to offer...comfortable shoes are important!
We're looking forward to seeing you!