Meet Katie McCarney
- Title: Assistant Director of Admission
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (800) 544-1489
- Territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, home-schooled students and two Minnesota schools: Cretin-Derham Hall and Hill-Murray
- Hometown: Litchfield, Minnesota
- High School: Litchfield High School/Home Schooled
- College: 2004 CSB/SJU graduate
- Major/Minor: History/Art History
College Activities: I participated in the Greco-Roman study abroad program, lived in the Health and Wellness living community and performed in both the Chamber Choir and Wind Ensemble. I did alternative spring break service trips to New Orleans and the Kentucky Appalachians as well as volunteering for Campus Ministry and the Admission Ambassador program. Academically I was also a member of the Honors Program and the Honors Thesis Program and had student employment with the Fine Arts Programming and History Departments.
Fun Facts: After graduation I spent a year with the Maryknoll volunteer program teaching English at a university in China! Not only did I have an amazing experience teaching there in Guangdong province (in the south near Hong Kong), but I also got to travel around China and spend other parts of my year trekking through the rainforest and over hills of pineapple plants near the Laos border, hiking along the Great Wall, checking out the inside of the emperor's "Forbidden City," visiting tiny ethnic villages, eating the most incredible Chinese food, and meeting friends that I will keep for a lifetime!